How To Help
As a community based non-profit organization, our success hinges on the great people, businesses and organizations in the Buffalo area. Read below to learn how you can help the Buffalo Food Shelf make a difference in many lives.
Feed-A-FamilyHelp Us End Hunger In Our Community. Please consider sponsoring a family in need for as little as a $100 per month.
- By check-Make checks payable to Buffalo Food Shelf and send to PO Box 222, Buffalo, MN 55313
- On line bill pay-Add Buffalo Food Shelf to your on line payee list for automatic monthly payments. 763-684-1699, accounts Number:Feed-A-Family
We are in need of distribution volunteers. Now you can sign up on-line. We're using Volunteer Spot, the leading time-saving on-line coordination tool. Just click on the link www.volunteerspot.com or contact the Food Shelf at email@example.com and they will help you. Thanks for making a difference.
The Food Shelf relies on your donations. Would you like to sponsor a food drive to help us out? Click here for tips on planning your food drive.
Could you help us out with milk money? The Food Shelf no longer receives free milk from Second Harvest Food Bank. The Food Shelf serves an average of 414 families per month and spends $1,101 per month just on milk.
Donations of either money or food can be made at the food shelf during open hours.
Monetary donations are greatly appreciated! Much of our food and hygiene items are purchased through the food banks, thus giving us greater buying power. When donations of money are given, it allows us to purchase perishable items such as meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables.
Some examples of purchasing through 2nd Harvest Food Bank:
- Gallon of milk $.85
- Dozen eggs $.28
- Macaroni and cheese $.27
- Pancake mix $.75
- Spaghetti sauce $.36
- Corn $.13
Writing a check to Buffalo Food Shelf also provides you with the needed paper trail for tax purposes. Checks can be mailed: to P.O. Box 222 Buffalo, MN 55313.
Food donations can be made any time at the donation boxes in Buffalo at Cub and Coborn's. We greatly appreciate all donations. If you would like to donate items that are on low supply or rarely donated, check our shopping list.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Check with your employer to see if there are matching funds for donations.
- Hold a food/funds drive at your work. Hold conests for departments or groups and reward those who bring in the most items or cash.
- Hold a 'Food Shelf Baby Shower' and ask for donations of all sizes of diapers.
- Have a 'Got Milk' campaign with friends. Raise funds to help pay for the milk purchases for a month, just $170.
- During Vacation Bible School, have children bring in boxes of macaroni & cheese to donate to the food shelf, or maybe their favorite breakfast item.
- Having a special birthday or anniversary? Ask guests to make a donation to the food shelf instead of giving you cards or gifts.