The Buffalo Food Shelf is a Christian, non-profit, community-based organization serving individuals and families that receive limited financial assistance or are going through a crisis and need help feeding their family.
In this season of giving thanks and praise, we'd like to extend our sincere appreciation for your continued support through volunteerism as well as financial and food contributions. Through your generosity, we continue to support an ever growing number of families in need of hunger relief. The number of families and individuals that need our help continues to grow exponentially each year.
On behalf of the Buffalo Food Shelf families, we want to THANK YOU for your continued support. It is through your generosity and the grace of God that we can continue in our mission to feed the hungry in our community.
The Food Shelf is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age of disability.
The Buffalo Food Shelf Council
Food Shelf Staff
- Jerry Kelly-Manager
- David Pursley-Assistant Manager
- Niki Thielen-Office Manager
- Cindy Bonde-Bookkeeper
We currently have over 130 volunteers that help the food shelf run smoothly.
2013 Volunteer Board of Directors
A volunteer board of directors represent local churches and at large.
- Executive Director - Roger Brenny
- Associate Executive Director- Fred Naaktgeboren
- Director of Operations - Jean Carlson
- Associate Director of Operations - Beth Jansen
- Treasurer - Casey Mattson, CPA
- Secretary - Shirley Kuenzel
- At Large - Todd Bliss, Casey Mattson, Fred Naaktgeboren, & Joe Steffel
- Buffalo Free - Trevor Palmer
- Buffalo Covenant - Marvin Arvidson & Delores Ingersoll
- Methodist - Dale Heckenlaible & Jeff Wurtzberger
- Presbyterian - Kathy Quady
- Spirit of Joy - Jill Ask & Rhonda Weinzetl
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic - Simone Brovege & Jean Carlson
- St. John's Lutheran - Jennifer Green
- United Methodist - Dale Heckenlaible
- Zion Lutheran - Roger Brenny & Beth Jansen
Public Notification-Nondiscrimination Statement
The Food Shelf is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age of disability. Please see the attached document for more information docs/USDA Non-Discrimination Statement.pdf